Vacature Procurement Category Manager Tropical Oils (vervuld)
Position of the procurement category manager tropical oils
- You will be responsible for the procurement and contracting of raw materials and will actively be involved in the design and implementation of a commodities procurement strategy, with a focus on vegetable/tropical oils and animal fats;
- By planning, implementing and monitoring procurement strategies you are able to drive cost saving and value adding initiatives;
- You maintain and communicate raw material and market analysis data on which you make strategic recommendations;
- You develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- As part of the procurement team you are responsible for securing raw materials in your category for all EMEA production locations;
- You will advise and coordinate other regional procurement teams (APAC, Americas) as “global category manager tropical oils”;
- You participate in cross functional and multi-site projects, either as a team member or projectmanager;
- You report to the EMEA manager direct procurement.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic personality who is a confident and trusted business partner with potential to grow and exploit future career opportunities. You have a natural interest in commodity markets, take initiative, are well organized and accurate and are flexible and stress resistant. Besides you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering is preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial experience (sales, trading, buying) in vegetable oils or animal fats;
- Strong market oriented skills with solid understanding of commodity markets;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communicator with confidence to negotiate while being diplomatic and tactful;
- Well developed planning and organizing skills.
Our client is a leading global provider of process fluids, chemical specialties, and technical expertise to a wide range of industries, including steel, aluminum, automotive, mining, aerospace, tube and pipe, cans, and others. For nearly 100 years, the company has helped customers around the world achieve production efficiency, improve product quality, and lower costs through a combination of innovative technology, process knowledge, and customized services. Our client serves businesses worldwide with a network of dedicated and experienced professionals whose mission is to make a difference.
Today, the company has a global presence in 21 countries and 28 production locations, with 28% of 2017 net sales in EMEA. The company’s corporate headquarters is located in the USA, with regional headquarters in Uithoorn, The Netherlands, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Shanghai, China. The company is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange, and has a long track record of financial consistency and strength.
The purchasing team is responsible for the sourcing and procurement of all raw materials which form the basis for the different products produced. Raw materials include commodities such as mineral and vegetable oils, but also specialty chemicals. In close cooperation with other departments the team strives to efficiently bring the best quality raw materials in optimum volume and packaging at best price.
At this moment our client is looking for an energetic
Procurement Category Manager Tropical Oils
Our client offers:
An interesting, challenging job in an internationally, constantly growing and developing environment, wherein people are stimulated and supported to reach their goals. Committed and driven individuals will find challenges in their job, formal and informal leadership development and educational opportunities.
This job will be interesting for candidates who like to broaden their procurement experience in an international company who offers a pleasant working environment. Our client is an ambitious, growing company. This will mean the procurement category manager
will have sufficient future career opportunities from a wide point of view.
Furthermore, our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
On behalf of our client, Employment Services as recruitment agency is responsible for the search and selection of candidates for this position. Please feel free to contact one of our consultants for more information. You can also apply for this job directly by uploading your resume and motivation letter.
If you are interested in this job and you fit the profile, we would like to invite you to apply for this job.