Vacature Procurement Category Manager Chemicals
Position of the procurement category manager
- You will be responsible for the procurement and contracting of raw materials and will actively be involved in the design and implementation of a commodities procurement strategy, with a focus on chemicals;
- By planning, implementing and monitoring procurement strategies you are able to drive cost saving and value adding initiatives;
- You maintain and communicate raw material and market analysis data on which you make strategic recommendations;
- You develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- As part of the procurement team you are responsible for securing raw materials in your category for all EMEA production locations;
- You participate in cross functional and multi-site projects.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic personality who is a confident and trusted business partner with potential to grow and exploit future career opportunities. You have a natural interest in commodity markets, take initiative, are well organized and accurate and are flexible and stress resistant. Besides you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in chemistry or chemical engineering is preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial experience (sales, trading, buying) preferably in chemicals;
- Strong market oriented skills with solid understanding of commodity markets;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communicator with confidence to negotiate while being diplomatic and tactful;
- Well developed planning and organizing skills.
Our client is a leading global provider of chemical specialties to a wide range of industries, including steel, aluminum, automotive, mining, aerospace, tube and pipe, cans, and others. For nearly 100 years the company has helped customers around the world achieve production efficiency, improve product quality, and lower costs through a combination of innovative technology, process knowledge, and customized services.
The company has a global presence in 21 countries and 28 production locations. The regional headquarters near Amsterdam.
The purchasing team is responsible for the sourcing and procurement of all raw materials which form the basis for the different products produced. Raw materials include commodities such as specialty chemicals and mineral and vegetable oils. In close cooperation with other departments the team strives to efficiently bring the best quality raw materials in optimum volume and packaging at best price.
At this moment our client is looking for an energetic Procurement Category Manager Chemicals
Our client offers:
An interesting, challenging job in an internationally, constantly growing and developing environment, wherein people are stimulated and supported to reach their goals. Committed and driven individuals will find challenges in their job, formal and informal leadership development and educational opportunities.
This job will be interesting for candidates who like to broaden their procurement experience in an international company who offers a pleasant working environment.
Furthermore, our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are interested in this job and you fit the profile, we would like to invite you to apply. Please sent your application to:
Employment Services B.V.
Attn. Drs. Diederik Leeman MBA,
Oude Utrechtseweg 18B
3743 KN BAARN