Vacature Portfolio & Business Control Manager
Interesting and challenging vacancy Portfolio & Business Control manager in Amersfoort for a candidate with Risk experience.
As a consequence of changes within the organization, Employment Services is, on behalf of this organization, currently recruiting for a
Portfolio & Business Control Manager
The manager will be coordinating the overall unit and its performance, ensuring agreed deliverables are realized and people in the team (7 professionals) progress on their individual path as well as in collaborating as a team. The manager will also contribute to hands on activities regarding business control, risk, and data analysis.
The manager will manage, develop and coordinate people and processes and contribute to the development and execution of strategic planning and develop and implement policies and the annual plan to enable the organization to achieve its business objectives.
The deliverable of the unit is to monitor and report triple bottom-line impact and financial/operational risk in the organisation and across portfolio.
- Participate in the formulation, preparation and / or implementation and execution of the strategy within the own discipline, in line with the overall strategic guidelines.
- Formulate / participate in the formulation of policies and / or procedures of own discipline, and after approval, ensure its execution in line with strategy of own discipline.
- Formulate / participate in the formulation of annual plan and budget for the own discipline and after approval, ensure its execution in line with the policies / strategy of own discipline.
- Direct and drive the realization and implementation of planned activities and monitor and decide on allocation of budget.
- Evaluate organizational design, (work) processes, procedures and systems cross-disciplines and initiate, lead and implement organizational changes and improvements, act as a role model for desired behavior, in line with strategy and functional developments.
- Ensure collaboration and cooperation across departments in projects, knowledge sharing and process optimization.
- Ensure improvement and standardization of processes, techniques and systems and (co)develop, implement and/or optimize these processes, techniques and systems (after approval).
- Manage employees, lead, coach, develop and inspire employees within the team and ensure optimal deployment of people and resources within the team.
Deliverables of the unit
- Data Intelligence
- Data gathering at partners required for triple bottom line performance assessment
- Central overview of data
- Analysis and reporting on portfolio performance, including views on specific sub parts of portfolio such as agriculture
- Business Control: Effective budget and forecast
- Meeting secretariat (ALCO)
- Risk and financial policy development
- Balanced credit portfolio risk
- Balanced equity portfolio risk
- Balanced financial risk
- Balanced operational risk
- Organizational risk knowledge
- Social Performance policy development (based on input from Social Performance Innovation)
In this role you will report to the director of integrated reporting & control.
- Minimum of 8 years in the business controlling area, including management experience;
- Masters’ degree in the field of economics, preferably combined with risk or controlling certification;
- Experience with risk management processes/have a risk management critical view;
- Experience and knowledge of the financial services industry;
- Affinity and good understanding of business and risk modelling/financial modelling;
- People manager able to create and develop a team;
- Able to act as an advisor to the management board;
- Independent and a convincing ability;
- Willingness to travel occasionally;
- Fluent in English.
Our client is a socially responsible investor who provides financial services and support to organizations to improve the quality of low-income people or communities in a sustainable way.
The organization employs around 200 co-workers with almost 40 nationalities. 100 of them are working at the international office, located in the centre of the Netherlands. They have regional and country offices in 25 countries, staffed by local experts who work directly with their partners in the field.
Working here means working in an international and developing environment, wherein people are stimulated and supported to reach their goals. Committed and driven individuals will find challenges in their job, training and educational opportunities. Furthermore, our client offers an attractive compensation and benefits program.
Our client offers an interesting, challenging job within a unique, international and diverse environment where the key values are people, sharing, solidarity and integrity. A healthy work life balance is valued within the organization. Salary level and secondary working conditions are attractive.
Employment Services as recruitment agency is responsible for the search and selection of candidates for this position. Please feel free to contact one of our consultants for more information.
Employment Services B.V.
Attn. Drs. Diederik Leeman MBA,
Drs. Patrick Waardijk,
Oude Utrechtseweg 18B
3743 KN BAARN
T: 035-543 5430
Trefwoorden: Vacature, vacancy, manager, portfolio manager, risk, investment, controller, control, manager, bank, NGO, duurzaamheid, sustainable, duurzaamheid, social, Amersfoort