Vacature EMEA Manager Direct Procurement
We are currently recruiting for an EMEA Direct Procurement Manager to oversee and drive all direct procurement activities in all of the production facilities within the EMEA Region, this is done through strong leadership of the direct procurement team as well as directly dealing with suppliers.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Define direct procurement strategies in accordance with the company vision. Implement, maintain and monitor performance through KPI’s and adjust if needed within the procurement strategy.;
- Drive procurement best practices based on internal and external benchmarking;
- Provide leadership and support on resolving sourcing issues to meet business requirements, if necessary leading dispute resolution, transition arrangements and exit strategies;
- Ensure that all direct procurement activities are compliant to governing policies and procedures within the region and across company, according to f.i. SOX and other company policies and processes;
- Attract and retain world class suppliers;
- Develop and maintain effective supplier relationship management to manage risks, innovate and negotiate further savings;
- Develop, study and analyze market intelligence for key supply markets that impact on pricing and availability;
- Embracing and engraining the company’s culture in the organization by bringing core values to life, encouraging and modeling transparent communication and teamwork to drive change, and coaching and counseling team members
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, preferably in chemistry or chemical engineering;
- At least 10 years’ total experience of which 5 years’ commercial experience (sales or purchasing);
- Proven team leader and motivator;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- An entrepreneurial and results oriented approach;
- Willing to travel across EMEA (up to 15%).
Our client is a leading global provider of process fluids, chemical specialties, and technical expertise to a wide range of industries, including steel, aluminum, automotive, mining, aerospace, tube and pipe, cans, and others. For nearly 100 years our client has helped customers around the world achieve production efficiency, improve product quality, and lower costs through a combination of innovative technology, process knowledge, and customized services. Our client serves businesses worldwide with a network of dedicated and experienced professionals whose mission is to make a difference.
Today, the company has a global presence in 21 countries and 28 production locations, with 28% of 2017 net sales in EMEA. Corporate headquarters is located in the States, with regional headquarters in Uithoorn, The Netherlands, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Shanghai, China. The company is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has a long track record of financial consistency and strength.
The purchasing team is responsible for the sourcing and procurement of all raw materials which form the basis for the different products produced. Raw materials include commodities such as mineral and vegetable oils, but also specialty chemicals. In close cooperation with other departments the team strives to efficiently bring the best quality raw materials in optimum volume and packaging at best price.
At this moment our client is looking for an energetic EMEA Direct Procurement Manager.
Our client offers:
An interesting, challenging job in an internationally, constantly growing and developing environment, wherein people are stimulated and supported to reach their goals. Committed and driven individuals will find challenges in their job, formal and informal leadership development and educational opportunities.
This job will be interesting for candidates who like to broaden their procurement experience in an international company who offers a pleasant working environment. Our client is an ambitious, growing company.
Furthermore our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
On behalf of our client, Employment Services as recruitment agency is responsible for the search and selection of candidates for this position. Please feel free to contact one of our consultants for more information. You can also apply for this job directly by uploading your resume and motivation letter.
If you are interested in this job and you fit the profile, we would like to invite you to apply for this job.
Employment Services B.V.
Attn. Drs. Diederik Leeman MBA,
Oude Utrechtseweg 18B
3743 KN BAARN