Vacature Certification Engineer
Vacancy for a certification Engineer in Utrecht who wants to make a flying start.
Our client is looking for a Certification Engineer to extend the Certification department in The Netherlands.
The Certification Department plays a key role regarding the airworthiness of their products. You will play a direct role in qualifying their products, and you will often be dealing with complex issues.
The certification engineer:
• Assesses new regulations, client requirements, and process and component specifications relating to airworthiness aspects;
• Determines the impact of engineering change orders and service bulletins regarding certification aspects;
• Participates in product development projects;
• Supports the Engineers during the design process;
• Drafts qualification programs, test plans and test reports;
• Assists in certification testing and monitoring;
• Is in frequent contact with Boeing and Airbus, European and US aviation authorities and test laboratories;
• Consults internally regarding interpretation and application of regulations and makes agreements facilitating successful certification;
• Works with complex quality systems in a production environment;
• Liaises with peer engineers and other departments;
• Reports to the team manager certification.
Bachelor degree in Electronics or Mechanical;
At least 5 years of experience with complex quality systems in a production environment;
Experience with electronic circuitry and components, in the subject of EMC and power quality;
Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English;
Strong in building multilevel relations;
Can have a helicopter view but still an eye on detail;
Experience in the aviation industry is an advantage.
The organisation is part of an American multinational, market leader in aircraft interiors. The development of (steam) ovens takes place in the central area of The Netherlands. Clients include renowned airlines and aircraft builders all over the world. Approximately 5000 people are employed by the company, of which about 140 in the centre of Holland. The organisation is located near Utrecht.
The company has been a successful producer of aircraft kitchen appliances since the 60s. They are global market leader with their steam conventional ovens. Their work is based on the Continuous Improvement principle, with client order-driven production and short delivery times.
Products are becoming increasingly complex, and new technologies require creative applications. Are you interested in making a contribution to increasing their success? Does a quality-driven and international work environment appeal to you? Then the organisation is the employer for you!
If this position appeals to you, please send a short letter with CV by email to
Attn: Diederik Leeman, consultant:
Telephone: 06-53 83 21 11 or 035-543 543 0.