Vacature Buyer direct materials (raw materials)
Our client is currently looking for an energetic
Buyer direct materials (raw materials)
Tasks and responsibilities
- You are responsible for the procurement and contracting of raw materials and are actively involved in the design and implementation of a raw material procurement strategy, with a focus on chemicals;
- Planning, implementing and following procurement strategies in order to stimulate cost-saving and value-adding initiatives;
- Preparing and communicating raw material and market analysis data on which you make strategic recommendations;
- You develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- As part of the procurement team you are responsible for securing raw materials in your category for all EMEA production locations;
- You participate in cross-functional and multi-site projects.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic personality who is a confident and trusted business partner with potential to grow and pursue future career opportunities. You have a natural interest in commodity markets, you take initiative, you are well organized and accurate and you are flexible and resistant to stress. In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's (preferred; or at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.;
- Previous manufacturing related purchasing experience, ideally within the chemical sector.;
- Strong market-oriented skills with solid knowledge of the commodity markets;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communicator with confidence to negotiate while being diplomatic and tactful;
- Well-developed planning and organization skills.
Our client is a leading global producer of specialty chemicals to a wide variety of industries
including steel, aluminum, automotive, mining, aerospace, tubing and pipes, cans and others. For nearly 100 years, the company has been helping customers around the world achieve production efficiency, improve product quality and reduce costs through a combination of innovative technology, process know-how and tailored services.
The purchasing team is responsible for sourcing and purchasing all raw materials that form the basis for the various products produced. Raw materials include specialty chemicals and minerals and vegetable oils. In close cooperation with other departments, the team strives to efficiently deliver the best quality raw materials in optimal volume and packaging at the best price.
Our client offers:
An interesting, challenging job in an international, constantly growing and developing environment, in which people are stimulated and supported to achieve their goals. Committed and driven individuals find challenges in their work, formal and informal leadership development, and educational opportunities.
This position will be of interest to candidates who want to broaden their purchasing experience in an international company that offers a pleasant working environment.
In addition, our client offers a competitive package of fees and benefits.
If you are interested in this position and you fit the profile, we would like to invite you to apply. Send your application to:
Employment Services BV
Attn. Drs. Diederik Leeman MBA,
Oude Utrechtseweg 18B
3743 KN BAARN