Business Controller (vervuld)
Functie omschrijving Business Controller (vervuld)
As a consequence of the growth of the organization, Employment Services is, on behalf of this organization, currently recruiting for a Business Controller,who will be responsible for the further establishment of the connection between finance and the business and further professionalize the control function. In this perspective, your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
• management and coordination of a team of three members
• providing adequate supervision, assistance and coaching to the officers
• coordination of the budget cycle for the regional offices
• check reimbursements and guide correspondence with regional managers with respect to their expenses
• work closely together with treasury with respect to portfolio information and reporting
• monitoring of the loan and equity portfolio
• further elaborate on management information, budgeting, and reporting systems
• guide the invoicing processes and the issuance of audit and receipt letters to projects
• provide monthly management information and analysis on our client’s portfolio to the main stakeholders
• contribute to the development of new systems and IT procedures
• cooperate with tax and legal experts.
In this role you will report to the finance deputy director who reports to the CFO/ COO.
Functie eisen Business Controller (vervuld)
For this position we would like to get in touch with candidates who have relevant - at least five to eight years - working experience in a similar position in the banking sector or for a financial organization where they have gained management experience and advanced Excel skills. You possess a master degree in for example finance, business controlling or financial administration.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience with setting up and/ or professionalizing a control function or department. You possess excellent analytical and communication skills, especially in the written and spoken English language (another language will be considered as an asset). Furthermore, you are a teamplayer who possesses leadership qualities. You have a strong business sense, persuasive skills and you are solution oriented. You have a strong and pro-active personality, you are pragmatic and possess excellent interpersonal skills. You are very well capable of working independently but can also act as a team player. You are a natural problem-solver, accurate and result-oriented.
Experience in credit or loan portfolio management, accounting experience and a working history in an organization with a social mission, will be all considered as benefit.
Our client is a socially responsible investor who provides financial services and support to organizations to improve the quality of low-income people or communities in a sustainable way.
The organization employs over 250 co-workers with almost 50 nationalities. More than 120 of them are working at the international office, located in the centre of the Netherlands. They have regional and country offices in 40 countries, staffed by local experts who work directly with their partners in the field.
Working here means working in an international, constantly growing and developing environment, wherein people are stimulated and supported to reach their goals. Committed and driven individuals will find challenges in their job, training and development opportunities. Furthermore, our client offers an attractive compensation and benefits program.
Our client offers an interesting, challenging job within a unique, international and diverse environment where the key values are people, sharing, solidarity and integrity. A healthy work life balance is valued within the organization. Salary level and secondary working conditions are attractive.